Clear all

Token Jewelry

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@jasminepennama)
Topic starter

Token Jewelry

Token Jewelry was started in Spring 2009 by designer Jennifer Behar. Inspirations for the line range from antique ironwork from around the world, to ancient symbols and the details in vintage clothing. Each design begins as a hand-sewn fabric model, which is then cast in metal to retain the deliate texture and lyrical movement of the material, in a hardened, permanent state. The collection is made up of brass, bronze, sterling silver, and vintage trims and stones. Each piece is cast and hand-finished in the United States.

Token pieces have been worn by Drew Barrymore and were used in Spring 2010 photo lookbooks/advertising by Levi’s.

Jen is a graduate of Parsons School of Design, and the University of California at Berkeley. In addition to designing jewelry, she enjoys her work in the field of costumes, on projects ranging from opera to film & television.

jewelry, accessories, unique jewelry

Posted : 04/05/2012 3:26 am
(@russellmark85)

Love tokens were often made into pendants, pins, bracelets, watch fobs, earrings, necklaces, cuff links, buttons, and other pieces of jewelry. Love token jewelry was very popular and that is why most love tokens have holes in them or traces of solder. Some of the jewelry broke through time or the findings were removed at a later date.

Posted : 19/06/2012 6:11 pm
(@shiprakaul)

Compiling all of this token jewelry information makes for a really useful reference as well. I’ve learned a lot from these and I appreciate it.

Posted : 11/07/2012 3:49 pm
(@ashleeduhe)
Eminent Member

I love all are token jewelry because of addressed as an abstract concept love usually refers to a deep ineffable feeling of tenderly caring for another person. Giving jewelry is a manner of showing these feelings to the person who is the cause of these emotions. Although jewelry is often created for a special occasion or reason to find jewelry with a love related design is not obvious.

Murano Glass

Posted : 01/09/2012 2:54 pm
Share: