Clear all

PM

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@philippa-evans)
Topic starter

Hi

I wonder if you could advise and help me, I bought the following stones yellow sapphire - 1.04ct, white sapphire - 1.41ct and a catseye - 1.40ct and had them set in a silver bracelet in my own design at LANKA GEM & JEWELLERY EXCHANGE no 40 Ananda Coomaraswamy Mw Colombo - 03, on 15th August 2014.

The bracelet broke twice during my stay and the shop repaired it. However during my flight home to the UK on the 25th September 2014 it broke once again and I lost it. I have contacted the shop and asked them to write me an eveluation certificate which I should have received on purchasing the bracelet but the owner Ifthi Saleem is refusing to do this for me. I have been accused of receiving stolen gems from his shop, which is an absolute lie. The only time I visited the shop was to order or collect the items I bought.

I feel very cross about what has happened and the fact he has treated me in such an unprofessional and shabby way. The shop was recommended to me, I am very disappointed with the shop the the ethics it is run by.

I look forward to hearing from you and any advice you can give. I need to claim for the bracelet on my insurance it cost me £395.

Yours sincerely

Philippa Evans

Posted : 01/11/2014 8:34 pm
(@anitap)
Eminent Member

Sorry Philippa Evans to hear about your bitter experiences and disappointment in dealing with a jewelry store in Sri Lanka. Wonder if the store is accredited by the National Gem & Jewellery Authority of Sri Lanka, the body that oversees the Gem & Jewelry trade in Sri Lanka. If so, you could lay a complaint with them about the shabby treatment meted out to you by this dealer. Their contact address according to their website is No.25, Galle Face Terrace, Colombo 3, Sri Lanka. Alternatively, you may go to their website and open their contact us page and lay your complaint in the cage meant for Enquiry. Please click here to open this page :- http://ngja.gov.lk/contact_us.php?osCsid=6cbaa30a1826c7f8febb2362952fc94c</a>
Hopefully, the authority will look into your complaint and try to rectify any injustice caused to you. You can also try to contact them over the phone numbers given in this page. Good Luck and God Bless you !!

Posted : 11/12/2014 11:18 am
Share: