Clear all

Vladimir Tiara

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@shihaan)
Member Admin
Topic starter

The following is a comment made on our webpage "The Grand Duchess Vladimir Tiara."

I have only just found the site, and love it. Thank you.
I have one question, you state that Queen Elizabeth gave the Vladimir tiara to Princess Diana, and that Diana often wore it. I am sure that this is not correct.
The Queen did give Diana the Cambridge lovers knot tiara, which she inherited from Queen Mary, and Diana indeed did wear it often. Not the Vladimir though, of this I am sure.

by Norma

Lancashire, England. I.P. address: 86.168.237.167

This page was moved from content 2 to here.

Posted : 24/04/2012 8:48 pm
Lareef
(@lareef)
Reputable Member

Thanks for your contribution Norma. You are absolutely correct. The Queen never gifted the Vladimir Tiara to Princess Diana after her marriage to Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales and heir to the British Throne. As you said it was actually the Cambridge Lovers Knot Tiara, which the Queen inherited from Queen Mary, that was given as a gift to Princes Diana, and came to be associated with the image of the popular princess,as she wore it quite often for formal occasions. Readers, please go to our webpage on the Cambridge Lovers Knot Tiara for more details.
Thanks for the correction, and the help given to us in setting the record straight and presenting the facts in their proper perspective.
However, there had been occasions when Her Majesty the Queen, had lent the Vladimir Tiara to both Princess Diana, and subsequently to Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, to be worn on formal occasions, and both had been photographed wearing this tiara, as the following photographs reveal :-
[attachment=75]
[attachment=76]

Attached files

Senior Editor

Posted : 29/04/2012 11:26 am
(@gemlite)
Eminent Member

The Vladimir Tiara, belonging to the personal jewelry collection of Queen Elizabeth II, is indeed a very versatile tiara. There are three different versions or adaptations of the tiara - the original version with the pearl drops, an adaptation with the pearl drops replaced with emerald drops and usually worn with the Delhi Dunbar Parure, and the tiara with 15 interlaced, diamond set metal circles only without any drops or pendants.
The following are the images of the three different versions of the tiara :-
1) Original version of the Grand Duchess Vladimir Tiara, with the pearl pendants intact.
[attachment=77]

2) Adaptation of the Vladimir Tiara, with the pearl interchanged with emerald drops.
[attachment=80]

3) No pendant version of the Vladimir Tiara

[attachment=79]

Attached files

Posted : 29/04/2012 7:43 pm
(@gemlite)
Eminent Member

Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II, has been observed wearing all three versions of the Grand Duchess Vladimir Tiara on different formal occasions, as revealed by the following photographs :-

1) Queen Elizabeth II wearing the original version of the Vladimir Tiara
[attachment=83]

2) Queen Elizabeth II wearing the emerald version of the Vladimir Tiara
[attachment=84]

3) Queen Elizabeth II wearing the no-pendant version of the Vladimir Tiara
[attachment=85]

Attached files

Posted : 30/04/2012 6:39 am
(@jasminepennama)

Oh my God.. Queen Elizabeth is very beautiful, the Tiara full of diamonds. love it..

jewelry, accessories, unique jewelry

Posted : 08/05/2012 3:11 am
Share: