Iranian Crown Jewels

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Lareef
(@lareef)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

A comprehensive series of web articles relating to the Iranian Crown Jewels were published in the internetstones.com blog pages beginning from January 27, 2008. The main source of information for these articles was Dr. Victor E. Meen's book "Crown Jewels of Iran" and also other sources such as The Encyclopaedia Britannica, A.J. Arberry's book "The Legacy of Persia," Percy Sykes book "A History of Persia" as well as many informative articles from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. The articles were all original, painstakingly written by us, and not plagiarized from any source. The images however, were extracted from Dr. Vicor E. Meen's book, "The Crown Jewels of Iran." These articles were published under the following headings :-
1) The Three Crowns of the Iranian Crown Jewels - published January 27, 2008. - one comment
2) Tiaras of the Iranian Crown Jewels - published January 29, 2008. - one comment
3) Swords, Daggers and Shields of the Iranian Crown Jewels - published January 30, 2008. - Two comments
4) Jewel-studed Utility Items among the Iranian Crown Jewels - published February 1, 2008. - One comment
5) Jewel-studed Special Settings among the Iranian Crown Jewels - published February 3, 2008. - Four comments
6) Loose Precious and Semi-Precious Stones of the Iranian Crown Jewels - published February 7, 2008.- Four comments
7) Jewel-studed Ornaments in the Iranian Crown Jewels - published February 8, 2008. - One comment
These webpages were well visited by our readers, some of whom also made some useful and encouraging comments on these pages.

The comments on these webpages in order are :-
1) The Three Crowns of the Iranian Crown Jewels
roshan
December 20, 2009 at 1:19 am
I am trying to find out about some gold coronation coins i have from the rezah shah coronation time.

2) Tiaras of the Iranian Crown Jewels
Amir Ali
September 27, 2009 at 7:54 am
It was perfect and very very interesting.

3)Swords, Daggers and Shields of the Iranian Crown Jewels

Girish L. Jadhav
September 11, 2008 at 10:23 am
Information about very rare and important, valuable swords is made available at finger tips. These are classic ornamental pieces. Good photographs. Useful for students and collectors of arms.

khan ali
November 7, 2009 at 7:04 pm
just excellent,one of the finest examples in the world.

4) Utility Items among the Iranian Crown Jewels

hookah
June 11, 2011 at 6:39 am
I read your blog when I was in Quebec. I bookmarked your site and read your post again when I reached CA after I purchased my new ed online computer. The site is excellent and looks the best in new!

5) Jewel-Studded Special Settings among the Iranian Crown Jewels

Daniel
February 5, 2008 at 12:23 am
This is the most comprehensive resource on Iranian Crown Jewels I have seen

zameer ahmed
February 11, 2008 at 6:01 pm
Most beautiful antique jewellery ever seen, I heard about a crown about year 1567 antique weighing 6786 gms can i see the picture of same i mentioned

saba
June 12, 2011 at 11:37 pm
Wow, truly amazing!
The globe is sick!!! That must be the single coolest jewelry ever!

mishelle
December 13, 2012 at 8:00 pm
where is the globe now ?

6) Loose Precious and Semi-Precious Stones of the Iranian Crown Jewels

PreciuosGem
April 12, 2009 at 9:05 am
Very interesting article! I would like to know more about gems!

S
November 10, 2009 at 4:06 pm
In response to “…Tamerlane’s dynasty had already died out in 1506 after the last great Timurid Husain Baygarah who ruled between 1478 and 1506…” The Timurid dynasty continued to rule India until 1857, and a cadet branch survives to this day.

Laurette
October 4, 2011 at 8:21 pm
Having just visited the crown jewels this afternoon it was most interesting reading this article

7) Jewel-Studded Ornaments in the Iranian Crown Jewels

pasha
September 6, 2008 at 4:54 am
Very excellent !!!

Senior Editor

Posted : 02/12/2013 6:59 pm
(@mikegem)
Eminent Member

When were the Iranian Crown Jewels transferred from the Royal Treasury to the Treasury of the Central Bank and what were the reasons that prompted such a transfer ?

Posted : 24/12/2013 7:15 pm
Lareef
(@lareef)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

The Iranian Crown Jewels were first transferred from the Royal Treasury to the National Bank of Iran in November 1937 after a law enacted by the Iranian Parliament, during the rule of Reza Shah Pahlavi the founder of the Pahlavi dynasty.

The main reason that prompted the transfer was the advice of economic experts who said the valuable jewels can act as a reserve to back up the local currency.

It was in 1960, during the reign of the last Shah of Iran, Mohammed Reza Shah Pahlavi, that the crown jewels were transferred from the National Bank of Iran to the newly established Central Bank of Iran and put on display at the vaults of the bank. Shah Mohammed Reza also decreed that the Crown Jewels would be the property of the Iranian State and not the Imperial Family.
After the Islamic revolution of 1979, the Iranian Crown Jewels still remain in the treasury of the Central Bank and has been named the Treasury of the National Iranian Jewels.

Senior Editor

Posted : 31/12/2013 8:05 am
(@maryjewel)

You have divided the Iranian Crown Jewels into seven categories above. If I am not mistaken you seem to have missed one important category, viz. the Thrones of the Iranian Crown Jewels. There are at least two thrones in the vaults of the Central Bank of Iran, The Naderi Throne and The Sun Throne, also considered as part of the Crown Jewels.
Images of the Naderi Throne and Sun Throne are attached below :-

Attached files

Posted : 19/01/2014 5:29 pm
Lareef
(@lareef)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Yes indeed ! you are correct. We have a dedicated page on the Thrones of the Iranian Crown Jewels, not on our blog pages, but elsewhere on our main site. Please click the following URL to go to this webpage :- http://www.internetstones.com/thrones-iranian-crown-jewels.html

Senior Editor

Posted : 19/01/2014 8:31 pm
Share: